Guardian Dental Care Forest Lake is closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The health and safety of our staff, patients and community is our top priority.
Guardian Dental Care Forest Lake will remain open during this unprecedented time. We have taken additional safety precautions for Coronavirus Infection Control to help reduce the risk of transmission and ensure that our patients, families and our team remains safe.
Some of the precautionary measures include:
- Only patients or if necessary, one accompanying adult will be allowed to enter our practice.
- Patients present for their appointments at their scheduled time, not early.
- Consider leaving 10 minutes between patient appointments to allow sufficient time between appointments to adequately clean the surgery and waiting room.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
Contact the patients to reschedule their appointments if:
- They have travelled overseas or interstates in the last 14 days
- They have had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- They or any of their family members have recently been sick with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat, please re-schedule your appointment.
- We have our patients to wash their hands on arrival and rub their hands with alcohol based hand sanitiser for 20 seconds.
- Once seated, we advise our patients to rinse with 1.5% of peroxide mouth rinse for 30 seconds, as a precautionary measure.
- Verbally confirm with the patient and note in their treatment record if: They have travelled overseas in the past 14 days if they feel unwell with cold and flu symptoms, they have had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If patients respond YES to any of these questions, we ask our patients or reschedule their appointments.
- All magazines, newspapers and children’s toys have been removed from our waiting room.
- We regularly wipe down surfaces with disinfectants which include door handles, reception desks, phones.
We want to thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our friendly team on (07) 3278 8834 and we will be more than happy to discuss any questions further.